Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Heading into the Smoky Mountains in the morning. It will take 5 days and 4 nights to get through.  Was hoping for good weather, unfortunately that's not going to happen.  Looks like rain, cold and some snow (oh well).

At this point in the journey about 1/3 who have started at springer mountain have gone home.  The terrain has been difficult, ups and down 4 or 5 , 3 to 4 thousand foot mountains a day. I'll be honest toughest I've ever done. Yesterday coming down the mountain ,man my feet and legs have taken a pounding since I've been here.

After the smokies it should get better, also i'm really getting into shape. The big plus in doing this is just getting in your head to just gut it out, Ya just gotta reach in and push through it.

I'm positive and determined!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Craig! Great attitude and determination. Sounds like the weather could be a challenge but you can do this!!! Praying for the best possible weather for you guys. I'll bet it is a beautiful mountain range!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Craig! We all are proud of your courage and determination! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete